Recipe by: Marlena Kurr from @zestmylemon
Servings: 6-8 servings
Sometimes, all you need is a warm bowl of Chicken Tortilla soup.
This weeknight Tomato Gazpacho Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe by Marlena Kurr will have you feeling satisfied and healthy all year long — featuring savory Tomato Gazpacho hearty shredded chicken, freshly sliced avocado, and herbs!
- 2 bottles of Medlie Tomato Gazpacho
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Add the chicken and 4 cups of salted water to a pot on the stovetop and bring to a boil.
- Cover and continue to boil, lowering heat as necessary until the chicken is cooked through and tender — approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the water, reserving the broth, and set aside to cool.
- While the chicken cools down in temperature, heat the avocado oil on medium-high heat in a large pot on the stove top.
- Add the onion, tomato, and cumin — sauté for 3-4 minutes then add the garlic.
- Continue to cook the veggies for 3-4 minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add Tomato Gazpacho to the pot with the cooked veggies, and mix with the reserved chicken broth — then, add the black beans and corn.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, shred the cooked chicken breast and add to the pot. Continue to simmer for approximately 4-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with your choice of garnishes! We love them all!