Medlie is looking for vegetable enthusiasts who share our passion for health and wellness to join our team! If any of these job titles seem like a good fit for you, please email email@example.com with your résumé, statement of interest (in the body of the email, please!) and links to your social media accounts (if relevant).
🥑 OPERATIONS MANAGER (NORCAL OR SOCAL)
The Operations Manager will play a critical role in overseeing the entire planning, supply chain, co-manufacturing and logistics infrastructure for Medlie, encompassing robust ecommerce and multi-channel retail growth, as we revolutionize how busy people fit fresh, organic veggies into their on-the-go lives.
This role demands a seasoned strategic lens, as well as a tactical team player willing to roll up their sleeve and dive into the weeds. It will require a mix of proactive analysis and strategic development, as well as cross-functional leadership and excellent project management. This position reports to our CEO.
- Forecast demand, run-out dates, and proactively suggest course of action to reduce out of stocks for all SKUs, working with suppliers, copacker, vendors and fulfillment center to ensure we have product available to ship
- Manage inventory across multiple online platforms (Amazon, Shopify, etc.)
- Own relationships with all raw materials and packaging vendors to manage supply, negotiate pricing, and effectively balance run rate and inventory position
- Work closely with Marketing and Customer Service teams to incorporate and inform brand plans, product innovation, promotional calendar and communication priorities
- Work closely with Sales team to understand needs by distributor, DC and retailer
- Lead development and commercialization of innovation pipeline, capitalizing on consumer trends and demand
- Drive continuous improvement across R&D, packaging, production, fulfillment and shipping efficiencies by always thinking creatively and solving problems in real-time
- Lead monthly reporting in terms of COGS, sales, and margin
- Monitor CPG/food + beverage e-commerce landscape for best practices and ideas
- 2-4 years’ experience managing e-commerce or direct sales operations
- Strong Excel and financial skills
- Strategic vision paired with ability to execute
- Strong analytical, financial and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as be a team player
- Capacity to thrive in an agile, fast paced startup environment
- Veggie enthusiasm!
🥑 INTERNS (SF BAY AREA OR REMOTE)
We’re hiring part-time interns who have interest and experience in the following categories: social media, influencer marketing, editorial content creation, and graphic design. You will work closely with the full Medlie team to get a broad view of how the company operates, learn what goes into building a startup in the food industry and get hands-on experience in marketing. You should be available 15-20 hours per week, for a minimum of four months. We work in an exciting, fast-paced environment, so come prepared with initiative and enthusiasm! Note: Remote candidates may be considered based on experience and circumstances.
Medlie interns may be involved in a variety of tasks across social media marketing, editorial content creation, and graphic design.
- Support and grow Medlie’s passionate online communities across social platforms, through engagement and content creation tactics
- Partner with social media influencers
- Write and/or design content for blog posts, emails, social media posts and other marketing assets
- Assist with photo shoots and other marketing projects
- Assist with customer outreach and data collection with the goal of identifying underlying trends
If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
- Your résumé
- A cover letter that gives us a legit sense of your personality (in the body of the email, please!)
- Your five favorite health and wellness resources — and a short paragraph on why!
- Links to your blog, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. if applicable
- Dates you’re available to intern with us
🥑 BRAND AMBASSADOR (SF BAY AREA)
We're hiring a Brand Ambassador to drive trial and brand awareness at key retailers (like Whole Foods) and consumer events focused in the East Bay. Role is part-time, averaging 4-8 hours/week with the potential to expand responsibilities. Compensation DOE: $18+.
- Create trial and awareness at the retail store level and strategic local events by conducting demos and product samplings
- Works closely with Area Brand Manager and brand marketing team to provide input on how to grow the Medlie brand in key accounts, based on customer feedback from demos
- Connect with local influencers, securing events where the Medlie brand is highly relevant to attendees and creating future connections and brand affinity
- Complete demo recaps and monthly summaries of market execution
- Strong networking and relationship building skills; energetic, motivated, outgoing, competitive and a cheerleader for the brand at all times
- Ability to take direction well and contribute insights and knowledge gained in the field — your opinion matters!
- Must have a smart phone with ability to take/upload/identify photos; Internet access for social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) and be connected to what is going on in the area.
- Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends as needed — schedule will vary weekly.